Our client is an industry leading Canadian company that manufactures, distributes, and markets category-leading products for the automotive, commercial heavy-duty, and industrial markets.
We are looking for an AZ Driver who will report to the Supply Chain Manager. The AZ Driver works within a collaborative team and plays a key role in delivering support as required. In addition, the AZ Driver operates our client’s fleet of trucks including package straight trucks & tractor trailers.
We are looking for an AZ driver for the following:
- Full time permanent position, union role
- $31.64/HR. Some overtime required
- Typical hours will be from 7am – 3:30pm, Monday - Friday
- Delivering products to customers in Ontario and goods to our 3rd party warehouse in Toronto
- Shunting trucks back and forth between our plant and warehouse
- NO long haul driving or overnights
- AZ License and a clear Driver abstract
- Minimum Grade 12, or equivalent, required
- Good reading comprehension, writing and mathematical skills
- Required to successfully pass an aptitude test to demonstrate the required competency level and demonstrate continuing competency in the position
- Ability to maintain/acquire proficiency in relevant regulatory training and certifications as required by position such as, but not limited to, WHMIS, Canadian Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG)
- Must have, or be able to acquire, the skills required to successfully demonstrate basic PC skills and a proficiency in internet
- A full-time, permanent position with a very competitive total compensation package, commensurate with experience
- Amazing group benefit coverage available to you on the first day on the job, with an additional $1000/year for mental wellness.
- 6% bi-weekly employer contribution to company pension plan.
- $400 annual fitness/wellness reimbursement for things like gym memberships, a personal trainer, weight loss programs, running clinics, golf lessons etc.
- Vacation and floater days.
- A fun, exciting work environment that loves to celebrate our amazing team. We have BBQs, ticket giveaways for sporting events, Holiday parties and other celebrations, food and ice cream trucks, Wellness Wednesdays, lunch and learns and much, much more.
First step: We will need to provide a resume and summary of the candidate for our review
Second step: Client will conduct a phone or virtual screen
Third step: If screen is good, in-person interview with the manager and a road test