Our client is a quartz manufacturing which delivers product to be polished and cut.
- We are looking for a class 3/DZ driver for a flatbed with a built-in A frame, delivering the quartz slabs to clients.
- ASAP start in the Montreal area to cover for 12-14 weeks.
- Day shift, Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week. Sometimes 8 hours a day, sometimes 12. Start times vary, but most often around 5 a.m.
- The driver will go as far as 3 hours in either direction, as far as Kingston to the west.
- The driver will generally take a load to an area and deliver to various clients in that area. It is no touch.
- The companies will be responsible for loading and unloading, the driver would only have to tell which customers have which products, etc. and then obviously make sure the load is secure.
The pay is $26-$28.50 per hour based on experience, overtime is after 40 hours per week.
Additional responsibilities include:
· Perform routine inspection, preventive maintenance and cleaning assigned equipment.
· Report defects and/or repairs.
· Operate forklift (certification provided).
· Operate overhead crane (certification provided).
· Review documents daily to assigned delivery locations.
· Daily communication with Customer Service Representative.
· Support and meet daily Delivery requirements.
· Ability to follow company policy, procedures and work instructions.
- Ensure execution of safe work practices and procedures.
· Must have valid CLASS 3 license with air break endorsement (F)
· Must be able to provide proof of clean drivers abstract.
· Familiar with Quebec and Ottawa/Kingston regions of Ontario.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, supervisors and the general public.
· Ability to communicate effectively.
· Ability to work independently.
· Ability to perform heavy manual tasks under varying weather conditions.
· Ability to make independent judgments which have moderate impacts on the organization.
· Experience in stone, quartz & granite handling is an asset.
· Must be bilingual