Our client offers free, convenient pick up locations for consumer online purchases. Instead of picking up items at large retail stores, pickup locations are conveniently located near residential areas across the GTA.
- We are looking for a G class driver to transfer ready-to-assemble furniture, kitchen and home accessories from large retail stores to small pickup locations across the GTA.
- Drivers will operate a 26' straight truck w/no air brakes
- Each truck will have power tailgate and driver helper. Some retails locations will not be at dock level.
- 5:30am - 1:30pm. Our client is a 7 day operation an requires all staff to be available for work one day per weekend. Drivers will work 5 days per week, at least 40 hours.
- Full-time positions
- 1 week paid orientation
- Uniform provided
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe vehicle. (Removing snow from windshield, taking the truck in for maintenance and oil changes, taking truck for car washes, filling up gas)
- Completing daily safety checklists, travel logs & accident reports
- Reporting location and departure times to dispatch
- Ensuring proper processes are being followed at our partner locations
- Must be able to work in varied outdoor temperatures and sustain physical activity levels over time, being able to lift up to 50 lbs, squatting, standing for a prolonged period and walking throughout shift, and wear safety shoes throughout shift, adhering to all Health and Safety requirements.
Maintain a clean, and presentable appearance at all times.
- Confirmation that all drivers have at least 3 years driving experience verifiable via an experience letter from a previous carrier evidencing heavy commercial experience.
- Experienced with a 26 foot, 5 tonne, straight truck.